A stability ball can be one of the best tools that will help you in strengthening your body. Many people like to use a stability ball to train their core muscles and improve balance and coordination. Here in this article, I will show you many exercises that you can use in your stability ball workouts. Some of these moves can be tough and may require some previous experience in using the ball. Ground stabilization
When you are using these exercises in your stability ball workouts, it is recommended that for your first try, you hold onto a wall or hold onto something stable to help you learn the movement. Also, as part of your stability ball workouts, you should perform 1-3 sets consisting of 10-15 reps for each of these exercises.
Stability Ball Workouts #1: Ball Twist
1. Get yourself into a pushup position, except that your feet will be laying on either side of the ball. You should turn your ankles so that they are hugging the ball.
2. While keeping your body straight and hands directly under your shoulders, slowly twist the ball to the right.
3. Then repeat by twisting it to the left.
Keep in mind that your shoulders and back should be leveled during this exercise; don’t let your body sag in the middle.
Stability Ball Workouts #2: Butt Lift
1. Sit next to the ball with your glutes (butt) on the ground. Your head, neck, and shoulders should be supported by the ball, and your knees will be bent.
2. Squeeze your glutes and raise your hips until your body is forming a a straight line; your knees will be bent at a 90° angle. (you will basically look like a bridge)
3. Hold that position for 3-5 seconds, then lower your body and repeat.
Stability Ball Workouts #3: Back Extension
1. Lay on top of the ball, face down. Position the ball under your hips & abs. You can leave your knees straight or bent (but your feet should be touching the ground). Keep your hands behind yourself.
2. To do the movement, you are going to try to slowly roll the ball. You should lift your chest off the ball and bring your shoulders up until your entire body forms a straight line.
3. Lower your body and repeat
Stability Ball Workouts #4: Hip Extension
1. Lie down on the ground, with your feet on top of the stability ball. Relax yourself.
2. Using your abs, lift your hips off of the ground (squeeze the glutes) until your body is forming a straight line.
3. If you would like to make this more challenging, lift your hips up and then lift one leg off of the ball. Hold for a second, and then lower your body. Repeat by lifting your other leg off of the ball.